Welcome to Autumn
2nd September 2020
Summer is over and the children have returned to school. Just like any other year - perhaps not in this year unlike any other - but we have all adapted and made changes to our way of life and way of working to make the best of the ongoing unusual circumstances. We have made changes to our office layout to enable you to visit and to allow our colleagues to work in a safe manner. Whilst the changes might not be entirely easy on the eye, we look forward to welcoming you again. However, please see the separate visitor information we have published.
If you have not had chance to take stock of your finances this year, now is a good time. Why?
- Fewest Covid-19 restrictions for months means that if you prefer in person meetings, these can take place in a distanced manner. Our virtual service remains available as well;
- Act before any second wave imposes new restrictions or inflicts further financial or economic damage;
- Autumn 2020 Budget may change the financial landscape because of the need to pay for the pandemic support packages put in place, so get ready;
- Recovery in asset prices since March lows means that a diversified portfolio will not show terrible returns so no need to be scared of looking;
- Fail to plan, plan to fail - forward planning for the new circumstances remains vital to establishing and achieving personal and financial goals;
- If there have been any developments in your circumstances concerning employment, bringing forward retirement, requirements for cash or other changes, we can advise you better if we are up to date.
Despite the current recession being the deepest on record, it seems likely also to be one of the shortest and will end when the third quarter data is published later in the year. We have published our latest investment commentary here for your early Autumn consideration.