Positive Wealth Creation Ltd Privacy & Confidentiality Statement
Positive Wealth Creation Ltd Privacy and Confidentiality Statement - Issued 25 May 2018
We, at Positive Wealth Creation Ltd, are aware of our obligations and responsibilities towards keeping your information secure and confidential under the General Data Protection Regulations (known as GDPR), which replaces the previous Data Protection Act of 1998.
The following is a summary of the rights and protection that you have under GDPR and Positive Wealth Creation Ltd’s response to ensure we look after your information properly and appropriately.
We are very aware that we have a duty to look after your information securely and safely at all times and have robust procedures in place to ensure this.
- For those of you who have signed a Client Agreement with us, we believe that this represents your permission for us to use your information in order to carry out work on your behalf. The Client Agreement sets out how we process your information and safeguard your rights under the legislation.
- For those of you without a signed Client Agreement, you will have at sometime have expressed an interest in hearing from us. Should you prefer us not to, then contact our Compliance Officer, Alex Turco and we will remove you from our lists.
- Please note that we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or content of any sites linked from our own site, nor the way in which such sites might handle any information you choose to provide them with. Consequently, we cannot be responsible or liable for any direct or indirect loss, however caused by your use of these linked sites.
- We do not share your information with anyone outside the company who does not have a legitimate or legal reason to have it. Such bodies include relevant investment companies (such as Aegon, formerly Cofunds), the regulators (e.g. the Financial Conduct Authority), our professional indemnity insurer, and the police and HMRC in their duty to detect and prevent crime. The information is used for the purpose of processing your application and for the on-going administration of your investments or policies but for no other purpose. Apart from our regulatory and legal obligations to do so, you may ask us not to share your information with other parties.
We never request or exchange your information between ourselves and these other parties without ensuring its safe transmission and secure storage.
- Similarly, we make sure that those organisations look after your data securely and do not share it inappropriately.
- We may use the use the information that we hold about you to contact you from time to time by post, fax, email or telephone to bring to your attention additional products or services, which may be of benefit to you or comments and news features which may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such information please let us know.
- Those of you who are clients we may provide you with access to your information on-line for the purposes of viewing, amending or updating it. Any changes you make will be stored on our secure database and we will be notified that changes have been made.
- If you wish to know what information we hold about you, then you have the right to ask us and we will provide it within a month of your request. Should you wish to do this, then please contact our Compliance Officer, Alex Turco.
- If you judge the information we hold to be inaccurate, you have the right to insist that we amend it. We like to think that the data we hold is correct, but we do rely on you telling us of any changes in circumstances. We have the procedures in place to ensure that our records and those of any of our business partners are duly corrected.
- If you believe the information we hold about you is wrong, you may request us not to use that information until we have mutually determined whether it is accurate or not.
- Should you cease to be a client with us, then we are under an obligation to keep your records for a set period of time (usually 6 years), after which they will be securely destroyed. In some cases where there is regulatory requirement or residual legal liability, records may be kept for longer.
- If you have a complaint against us or the service we have provided, then contact our Compliance Officer, Alex Turco and we will use our complaints procedure to hopefully resolve the situation. Of course, should the matter not be concluded to your satisfaction, you have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes between us.
If you have any questions about our approach to data protection or the way in which we process your information, please contact our Compliance Officer, Alex Turco.